My LEE Experience


First off, this post was all about my LEE experience, joining in a competition for the Philippine Fashion Week.

I wasn't asked or paid to blog about this experience, I just wanted to share them to my readers and for my future references.

My friend Camille messaged me as soon as she got an email from LEE looking for specifically STUDENT Fashion Designers, Stylists and models for the competition as well as Marketing, Photographers for the interns. I hurriedly went to their website and signed up as Stylist even though my first choice was really Fashion Designer, I chose Stylist for the fact that I'm still a sophomore student in De LaSalle College of Saint Benilde and as a sophomore year of Fashion Design and Merchandising, we haven't started taking up Major subjects so basically all of the courses that I'm taking at the moment are just design foundation subjects so I decided to sign up for stylist because I personally don't have any idea on how to sew, the only thing I can do is to draw/design clothes.

I've got a message a couple of days after I signed up telling me to come to their office for an interview, I was so excited and nervous at the same time! our interview was scheduled THURSDAY from 2pm-6pm but I have classes from 8am- 6pm! omg! I was like how can I even make it! so I replied to the message saying I have classes til 6pm if they can wait for me, they replied saying I can come right after my class, so I was like THANK GOD! I felt like I'm the luckiest human being at that moment.

When I was at my 2nd 3-hour class, my professor was asking for my portfolio ( I asked him how to make it since we're going to have that lesson in class but I was earlier to experience making my own portfolio than our lesson so he taught me how ) when He looked at it, He was like nice, it's good. I'm so elated. I even told him I have an interview later at 6PM and he gave me the "oh shit" FACE (coz our classes was until 6pm) so He randomly told me that He'll dismiss me EARLY. I was like omg Thank you so much, He's a nice professor because I have a professor that doesn't allow any of those even if He knew it was so important for my course and it was for my future career. THIS IS IT! this is the start of my career and I thank that professor. He's one of the reason how I got in here. He helped me out with my portfolio and he willingly dismissed me early to get to that interview. (being late can be their impressions for a bad character)

So yeah I went to that interview 30 minutes late because of the traffic (6PM is RUSH HOUR!)  but they were nice to tell me they can wait for me. So yeah after that interview, they told me to wait til tomorrow so I did. The next day, I was out with my friend Jayne and at night, we went to URBN because I won two invites to Ke$ha Pre-concert party at URBN Bar & Kitchen, The Fort. At 11PM, I've got a message asking me check my email so I knew it from that moment that I got in!!!

 I went home at around 4am and at 3:29PM October 5 SATURDAY, I've got another message asking me to bring the following requirements the next day (SUNDAY) I was soooo excited! I was officially in!

HERE'S OUR PICTURE ON OUR FIRST DAY!


There were 200 applicants and only 20 of us (excluding the student models) were chosen to be the Lee Style Army 2013. We felt so blessed. (some are from CEBU and they haven't arrived yet)




At our first day, they got to choose our groupings for the competition, they were 3, First was I am a Photographer, Second was I am a Futurist and the last one would be I am a dreamer.

(LESS TALK, MORE PICTURES NOW)

MY TEAM: HELIX ANDROMEDA


Before we started drawing lots, We as a group, hoping to pick either I am a Photographer or Futurist but unluckily, we got the least expected, I am a Dreamer. At the orientation, they said that it's not necessary that you know how to sew to be a Fashion Designer. So yeah, Bummer! I should have just signed up for Designer, but it's okay! No big deal!


Let me introduce to you the other Lee Style Army 2013 team.

I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER


I AM A FUTURIST


I AM A DREAMER





INTERNS for Photography & Marketing







Our First event was DIY workshop at URBN, The Fort.



    
                 DEE JAE PA'ESTE                PAUL JATAYNA               SARAH GAUGLER

          
                                                              
       

Our Host: KC MONTERO



LEEROY

MICHELE BUMGARNER & JEROME LORICO

MARK BUMGARNER

DEUCE MANILA

7 Brand influencers showcased their Denim DIY creations together with the 3 Lee Style Army 2013 Stylists at Lee Philippine Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2013. 



LEE STYLE ARMY 2013 STYLIST: JAMELINE HUI

 LEE STYLE ARMY 2013 STYLIST: JOHN KARUNUNGAN

LEE STYLE ARMY 2013 STYLIST: JAMES MARTIN

                    MICHELE BUMGARNER                                  SARAH GAUGLER

                      MARK BUMGARNER                                            LEEROY

                          DEEJAE PA'ESTE                                          PAUL JATAYNA

                         JEROME LORICO                             TRIXIE, VERNIECE & JR ISAAC

LEE STYLE ARMY 2013 was also featured in The Philippine Star & Inquirer Newspaper



OCTOBER 25, 2013
LEE PHILIPPINE FASHION WEEK
Today is the day! of all the hard work, THIS IS IT! 


SM Mall of Asia Atrium was transformed to simulate the maze-like metropolitan streets of New York with the audience in the heart of the scene to give them a better view of the collection's finer details. - Lee Jeans Philippines

HERE'S OUR WORK: I AM A DREAMER

Designer: Kim Agatha Quinola

Designer: Aia Monika

Designer: Justin Oropesa

Stylist: Jameline Hui

WINNERS OF LEE STYLE ARMY 2013 DESIGNS: I AM A FUTURIST

Designer: Paulina Raymundo

Designer: Nazer Molina Jr. 
(WINNER: Best Designer)

Designer: Van Oscar

Stylist: John Karunungan
(WINNER: Best Stylist)


Photo from Francheska


     
   
     
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    



SELFIE!
(c) Jameline H




AFTER PARTY






MY FOREVER FAV DRINK!
  
   
         
Here's my LEE experience! I hope you enjoy reading this post.

I'm so grateful to be a part of Lee Style Army 2013 hoping to have more great opportunities to come. We felt so blessed to be a part of this competition and it means a lot to us. We'll miss Lee Jeans Philippines and hoping to work for them again in the near future. I had so much fun even if it was stressful at times. It's the kind of stress you'll love and will never forget. This is my BEST experience so far, It was amazing.

Thank you Lee Jeans Philippines!

#LeeStyleArmy2013 #LeeStyleArmy #LeeStayCurious #PhFW #PhilippineFashionWeek